Brown discharge, cramps after having intercourse. Possible pregnancy?

Hello..i had intercourse with my husband on day 9 of my cycle, .on day 17-19 of my cycle...I. discharged brownish spots which turned to pink then bright red..also i experienced some cramping but it was very light 20 of my cycle the spotting completely stopped. ..I had intercourse on day 21 and started spotting again its now day 22of my cycle and no spotting...can you give some advice as to what may be happening? ...possible pregnancy? ..thanks
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

Most women ovulate around day 14. It is not uncommon for there to be variation in terms of when you ovulate, which could have been as late as day17-19. During ovulation, there is a brief, abrupt drop in estrogen levels that often is associated with a small amount of spotting. The cramping at that time also suggests that you were ovulating. Additionally, it is not uncommon to have spotting with intercourse. If the bleeding with intercourse becomes recurrent, then you need an exam with your doctor. You also need to check a pregnancy test at the time that you would have expected your period and again one week later.

I hope this helps and good luck!