Brown discharge before periods due, scanty flow, nausea, headache, negative HPT, on pill. Cause?

I had brown discharge 2 days before my period was due, I got a little of blood 3 days later which lasted 2 days... I m on the pill (okay may have missed taking them sometimes)... My period before that was also odd... It came on time but it only lasted two days, stopped and then came again 3 days later and lasted a day or two... the one before that It came and I thought was normal but two weeks later I had my period again which lasted 4 days.... I feel nausea have headaches .. I ve taken two HPT test and it s both come back negative... Could I be pregnant or is it in my head???
Asked On : Sun, 27 May 2012