Brown discharge and foul smell after period. Pressure in side. Will it affect kidneys?

I got my period on dec 6 and it was gone in three days. On the lat day of my period I thought I had a tampon in but when I won t o hange it , it was not there. I thought I was losing my mind and needed more keep. A day later I started leading lightly and eventually brown discharge and a foul smell was coming from my vagina . I thought t was a yeast infection so I won t to cvs to get meds. When it didn t go away, I called the of who prescribed meds for bacteria infection. Last night while going o the bathroom I pushed out a tampon. It has been in me for to weeks. I feel back pressure slightly on my left side. Can something like this effect you kidneys?
Asked On : Thu, 27 Dec 2012