Brown discharge and cramps. Bacterial infection. How can I get rid of them?

I had my period a week ago, but there was barely any blood it lasted about 2 days then the rest of the days it was nothing but brown discharge , my period usually last, 5 days. Another week went by and now the brown discharge is back with cramps , more frequent when im laying down, I do not know what is causing this almst 3 weeks ago I went to the doctor and I had a bacterial infection and I took a perscription for a week to get rid of the infection, I dont know if that is the reason why Im having cramps and brown discharge, im not on birth control , & I dont have insurance and dont have the money for another drs appointment, what could cause this?
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012
May 2013
The possible causes for your problem are :
- If there is any possibility of pregnancy, better to rule out miscarriage once.
- Hormonal imbalance leading to intermenstrual spotting.
- Pelvic infection presenting with cervical erosion. That can lead to spotting, pain abdomen etc.
So, if the spotting continues better to get examined once.
Possibly you can go to ER, and if needed they may refer you to specialist.
By examination your doctor can rule out local causes like pelvic infection.
If she recommends you can go for ultrasound once, that will help in coming to one conclusion regarding the exact cause.
And treatment can be given accordingly.
I can understand your situation but you should not neglect the health.