Brown discharge. Ultrasound of the embryo showed no fetal pole or yolk sac. Why?

Hi, i had an ultrasound last feb.5,2013 and the result is there is well decidualized gestational sac with an embryo with good cardiac activity. Pregnancy uterine 6wks and 3 days. Just yesterday, it started as brown discharge then become brown red around 9:00 pm after i peed. I rushed to the ER and they just took a blood sample and they scheduled me for pelvic ultrasound the nextday. The u/s result is there is a single intrauterine gestational sac with decidual reaction. Corresponding to 5wks 5days. No fetal pole or yolk sac identified. No heart rate detected. D
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013