Brown blood coming out of vagina. I havent had un-protected sex for a month

For the past 4-5 days brown gooey blood has been coming out of my vaginia. It s not my period because my last one was 1 week to 2 weeks ago. Please tell me what this is, I havent had un-protected sex for a month.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Apr 2011
hi....welcome to Healthcaremagic forum...there are many differential diagnosis for brownish discharge from vagina..it may b due to PID(pelvic inflammatory disease),vulvovagiitis ie,infection of vagina , its may b intermenstrual bleeding also... but i think you dont need to worry...as your complaint is very acute ie only frm 4-5 days...so wait for some days more and if not cured.then consult your gyanaec first...
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Hello.
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
The brownish blood coming from vagina shows that the blood is an old blood which might have come out during your periods 2 weeks ago and is coming out of vagina now.There is nothing to worry and it will stop on its own. Just be sure that your periods are not overdue.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
drrakhitayal@gmail.com