center, Doctors are taking good Care while health care provider must be giving their best services,and going by your wordings " don't have the energy to keep up" whether he is bed ridden or is lacking self belief??
1. give protein supplements
2. Avoid soakage of bed by urine or stools, as bed sores develops very quickly in such cases.
3. Bed sheets should be soft and uniform,bed sheets should be tightly tucked in without wrinkles
4. Sponge your brother everyday with a wet towel followed by dry towel,followed by Eau-de-colone and Talcum powder.
5. move all the limb joints through full range.
6. check every 2-3 days for bed sores (if bed ridden)
7. encourage deep breathing to prevent pneumonia
More convenient,economical and loving way is to take care at home under supervision and help of family.