Bronchitis, asthma, shingles, took medicines, non smoker.What is the possible treatment?

I am a RN and my husband has been dealing with Bronchitis/Asthma and Shingles on the L face area for the past 7 to 8 wks. He has take Z-pak; Levaquin(had to stop early due to the Shingles-thought it was a reaction to the antibiotic); a sulfa antibiotic; and finally completing a 2 wk regime of Claromyathicin. He also completed a month of Advair BID and had 2 rounds of Prednisone (1st rd. 40 mg. 5 days; 2nd round 20 mg. 5 days, then taper to 10 mg. 5 days). Uses the Nebulizer 2-3X/day and Albuterol inhaler Q 2-6 hrs. as needed. Amt. was increased when he wasn't better after the first 2 wks. or so. It will be 8 wks tomorrow for the URI and 7 for Shingles.
Presently he still has a cough, using the nebulizer tx 1-2X/day, finishing up the antibiotic, using the inhaler as needed, and becomes raspy and hoarse by the afternoon and evening daily. Still tired and sore from coughing. Minimal cough production. He was put on Neurontin for the Shingles 2 wks. ago and that is helping with a dose of 4-5 tabs/daily. The Aleve and Tylenol dosages ordered basically did nothing except give him stomach upset.
Non-smoker but does chew tobacco regularly. Has had chronic bronchitis before.
Any further suggestions? I think he should go to a Pulmonary Specialist at this point?!
Please advise.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013