Broken wrist, severe pain, unable to move it, swelling. Treatment?

hi I previously broke my wrist about 6 months ago. i now get really bad pains to the point were i can not move it and when trying to bend my wrist upwards it becomes very painfull to move my thumb aswell as my wrist also the area around my thumb starts to swell. it seems to be that this happens when ever i am using that hand often and also if i am lifting things and then it hurts for a good few days. any idea why this is happening have been going on for ages now .
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013