Broken wrist after a fall. How long will it take to recover?

Hi, I fell off a bicycle just over 2 months ago now broke my left wrist resulting in k wires put in for 6 weeks just had them taken out. I currently play semi-professional football and obviously haven t been able to play for a while, just wondering how long will it be before I can be certain it won t break if I fall on it?
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012
It depends on several factors. How old are you and were you totally healthy beforehand? I would say six weeks would be a fair guess. Also, which bone did you fracture,,or more than one? Eat more dark green vegetables and get a good quality bone food formula from the health food store. Skip the cheap calcium carbonate and get quality supplement. Patience though before going back to practice, you dont want to rebreak it prematurely.