Broken tooth, gargle with salty water before sleeping. Any suggestions?

My child has part broken tooth some still hang on the gum, what should I do , wait and let the rest fall , trying to get an appointment with dentist but may have to wait a few days, will he be ok, he hasn't, complained about server pain but a lot of discomfort. I've ask him to brush gargle with salty water before sleeping, will he be ok , I mean chances of him chocking in his sleep eft.
Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013
Dentist 's  Response
Hello.
Thanks for sharing your problem with us.
I have gone through your concern, Generally milk tooth don't hurt that much during exfoliation. But if the tooth is traumatized it can hurt him.

Until you visit the dentist,try to keep noticing the tooth,don't touch or move it.
Keep notice on cleanliness of mouth and also gargle helps in reducing the infection.

As per chances of choking you have to monitor for him,though chances are less
and try to visit the dentist as soon as possible.

Thanks!