Broken tibia, fibula, swelling, unable to move. Plates and screws inserted. Why?

I had ankle surfery broke my tibia and fibula post op day 10. I got the plate and screws put in but every now and then not everyday however I will get this burning sensation in my heel and the Dr. Says no surgery or anything took place around my heel. Its so weird its relieved by me pulling tge cast away from my heel. What could it be. Is it the material? Oh yeah my foot is still swollen but not painful to touch and good flow to my toes and i am moving my toes without difficulty just limitation. Please help why does mu heel burn?
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013