Broken tailbone, ingrown hair, bruised, unable to move much. What is going on?

about 16-17 years ago I fell and broke my tailbone at work. I have also had what amounted to an "ingrown-hair"? on my tailbone back in 1980, ANYWAY... for the past several weeks (6-8 maybe) I have been having a very,very bruised feeling in my tailbone area. At times I have difficulty getting up from a sitting position and also have trouble sitting down and after sitting down for a short while I seem to have to 'shift around' alot to get comfortable, My husband has noticed in times past that the area around my tailbone actually has a bruised look to it. It is becoming a difficult issue to just deal with, I guess I need to know what the posible issue could be and what type doctor would I go to?
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013