Broken skin on upper arm, taken injection. Recovering from viral tonsillitis. Cause?

For the last few days I have thought I had a bruise on my upper arm , As it has become more tender, I checked it today and found no bruising. I hav an area of cellulitis(with swelling and localised warmth and tenderness), that would appear normal if I had just had an injection in that area, but I haven t and there is no broken skin. The area has the diameter of approximatley 15cms. I am 38, a drinker and smoker, I have just been battling a case of viral tonsilitis, with concurrent cold sores and work in the veterinary industry. I am confused that without an obvious cause of broken skin in the area, why i have this cellulitis. I am concerned that without the obvious causes, (ie. broken skin, evidence of an insect bite), why I have these symptoms and could it be something more sinister. Any advice/answers would be appreciated. Cheers sue
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012