Broken leg, done surgery. Pain when walking and in morning. How to ease pain?

Back in 2007, I have broken my right leg in two places above the ankle. The doctors have done surgery and placed a single metal plate and eight screws to hold the bones together but never took it out. Now, not only do I experience aching on cold mornings, but it sometimes aches while I walk. Also, I have ridden a horse today, though, the way I had my foot positioned in the stirrup caused more pain when I tried to ride. Do you have any information you can give me on how to ease or cope with the pain?
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013