Broken jaw, put in titanium plate, tingling in lips and teeth, swelling. Suggestions?

,my jaw was broke do to gun shoot to left side of my face a titanium plate was put in with six screws at the mid of chin to 3 inches to my left ,the plat was put in at the nerve in the mid chin,docs say that nerve was damage ,but plate is on are by that main nerve at chin.the bullet traveled from mid jaw back to the front of my ear then face still thingles in places front right chin and jaw from lip through to in side my lip and front teeth ,gum very very sensitive but feels dead too,are thick.i seem to swell and feel thight when i sweat .i have sharp needle like pain off and on and to touch are my face on left side are lay right way very un course my left ear rings sometimes like a fauct running affecti sometimes slur when i talk..this was 3 years this march,dont mean to complain happy to be alive but just like to know if i have any options to maybe relieve any of my problems.thanks much,eddie
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013
Dentist 's  Response

I have read your concern.

First of all i would advice you to be relaxed.

Since it has been already 3 years you had undergone bone plating.

From the details mentioned,its clear that the broken jaws has not healed or joined well.

You can get a second opinion by an oral-maxillofacial surgeon.

An OPG radiograph will help to evaluate the current state of jaws.

If necessary,jaws has to be plated again.

Hope this helps out.