Broken foot, wearing a boot for healing, severe pain. Surgery prescribed. History of MS. Treatment?

Hi thank you, I broke my foot two years ago. I was told to wear a boot i did then was told if it did not hurt when I took it off,I was good or healed. Then after all winter I went back to my regular Dr because I could not take the pain. He then sent me to a foot Dr. He wrote to my Dr that I needed surgery. I had to say no...because my last surgery lead to two other surgery s. I had staff infection and had go through a year with an IV. I m so depressed and tired of this but am trying to wait until the end of August wearing this boot. Am I making. The right decision? I also have MS so i m not should i do...Help please what should I do?
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012

Thanks for writing to us,

I have studied your case with diligence.

I can help you better if you can send all your x ray images.
If there is persistent active infection it need to be cleared surgically.

Some medication antibiotic and Trypsin and analgesic will reduce pain, you can take them consulting your treating doctor.

You can directly contact me on my profile.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.