Broken fibula after a fall due to vertigo. Can this be fixed without surgery?

I just broke my fibula falling off my 4 inch heals because I had vertigo all of a sudden. I had a splint put on it at ER and then 3 days later, I went to ortho...he put a cast on it. Showed me the xray and he said that my foot moved just a little in...he casted it and took an xray to see if that is where my fracture needs to heal and put my foot kind of back inline...said everything looked like it will hopefully heal like that. I do NOT have insurance so I do not want to have surgery...are my chances of a fibula fracture healing without surgery good? Also, I have fallen twice in my crutches, so I got a Knee Walker which has helped a TON! Is that okay to use?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013