Broken fibia, tibula. Pain when applying pressure. Adhesion on tendon?

I just passed 10 weeks mark today since breaking my fibia and tibula (non compound fracture with some rotation)The break was treated with casting only and I got the clearance from my OS to start walking today. Started with putting partial weight on the leg (using crotches) and later tried the first few steps unassisted. Well, got the scare of my life when heard the crunching sound at the break site and fell some pain. It didn't got any more swollen though, and the pain subsided when stopped putting the pressure. Is it possible that is was some callus/adhesion or my tendon? Or is it possible the bone was not strong enough, even though the X-rays looked good? Please help - I'm freaking out a little and don't know what to do next. Thanks a lot!
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013