Broken femur bone. Had a metal rod fitted. Unable to walk. What can help?

I met with an accident in March 2012 and my femur bone was broken into two parts for that I had to have a surgery. An metal rod is implanted in my bone. After one year still I have lots of problems like when I walk for more than 2 km, pain starts, still can not run. And now I got selected in a police officer services and for that I have to go in a 3 months physical training. So tell me can I go for this and when will I find these pains will be well.?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013