Broken elbow, hand feels heavy. Time to remove the screw?

my mother had broken her right hand elbow in july, 2010. it was fixed by an operation in august. then on, she bears three tungsten screws in her right elbow. the removal of the screws has been delayed upto now. she feels her hand heavy. should we remove the screws now? how much money and time will it take? who are the experts in this regard in ranchi?
Asked On : Wed, 23 May 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Thanks for writing your query
I dr.mukesh chugh orthopaedic surgeon. After going through your query my advice would be if she has numbness and weakness in hand along with pain then these screw can be removed after looking at the fresh x ray. After the procedure she requires a minimum 1 day stay at hospital.
Regarding charges it varies from place to place. I have no idea about Ranchi.
If you like you may email the x-ray picture at