Broken collar bone.

I HAVE A BROEN COLLAR BONE, IT HAS BEEN BROKEN FOR TWO MONTHS AND HAS NEVER BRUSIED UP UNTIL NOW, WHY IS THAT
Asked On : Tue, 13 Oct 2009
I need a clarification on this. what do you really mean by broken since 2 months? Has it united or you can feel the two fragments wobbling? Is it causing any trouble to you? If you are comfortable, leave it. If its painful, avoid strenuous activities for a month or so. Consult your Orthopaedician if its troubling you after this. Usually clavicular fractures unite by itself, sometimes even without treatment.
Broken Collar bone (called Clavicular Bone) rarely requires any intervention. There are few questions that we would like you to answer 1) Was it partially or completely displaced Fracture. 2) Did you use any Sling or Bandages especially Figure of 8 Bandage. 3) Which end of the Clavicle was Fractured. Nonoperative treatment of uncomplicated midclavicular fractures requires a figure-of-eight brace or regular support sling. Incidence of nonunion of displaced distal (outer) third fractures is high, and recommendations are to fix these injuries surgically. Depending on the location of fracture the management differs like proximal one third fractures require surgery if displaced. Usually it takes 2 to 3 months to heal and very slow. Appropriate follow up with the Orthopedician is required. The physical exercises are to be started with the help of a Physiotherapist.