Broken clavicle. X-ray shows fractures. Have pain and discomfort. Good to remove plate?

Hi Doctor, A year back i met with an car accident and broken my left clavicle bone. 4 fractures and 1 piece of small bone found in X-ray . Operated and fixed with Plate in my clavicle. I am fine with hand now and able to move well but the plate in easily visible ,pains sometimes and discomfort. Is it good to remove the plate from my clavicle ? if so , may i again be normal after removal of plate, Please advise.. Thanks, -Ananth
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013