Broken back after beating. Painful, muscle spasms when moving. What can I do?

when I was 10, my step father took his misguided disapline over board, ending with him breaking a 2x4 across my upper back, about the same area as my back arm bones. sorry I don t know what they are called. I have lost a lot of the bone mass around 2 of my spinal bones in that area. Often I awake unable to move due to incredible pain. My muscles go into spasm when I try to move. Chiropactors won t touch my back any longer for fear of breaking my back and paralyzing me. Now I suffer from it. What can I do, since I can t work,have no insurance, am a widow, and have been denied S.S.D. and S.S.I. I m not old enough to get survivors benefits, because my children are grown up and gone.
Asked On : Fri, 3 Aug 2012