Broken arm, swollen legs, water blister. Should blister be wrapped?

My 84 year old mom broke her arm up by her shoulder a week ago Thursday . We went to see the PCP on Monday . He was surprised my moms s had not really swollen however her legs were quite swollen I believe due to the fact she has to sleep sitting up and has not been reclined for 10 days. Last night I noticed on the inner part of her leg down by her ankle she has developed a large water blister size of a half dollar. She has an appt this Monday for X-rays to determine if the bone is healing and what then to do. Now my question is I am going to wrap her legs ( like a compression stocking) but what do I do with the blister? Include it in the wrap? Won t that pop the blister? I appreciate your help immensely. Nancyo
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013