Broken arm, long plat on the arm seems constantly sore and swollen. Normal?

I broke my arm 6 months ago in three different places, 2 breaks on the ulna 1 on the radius. 2 metal plates were used and the smaller break on the ulna just had screws. The long plate on the outside of my arm(about 6 inches) is constantly soar and swells up and becomes more painful whenever I use my arm more than normal. Is this a normal reaction? as well the screws on the upper ulna appeared to be sticking out into the soft tissue about a quarter or an inch when viewed on X-ray. This area is also constantly soar like an arthritic feeling.
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013