Broken ankle, standing for a long time, feet burns and swollen. Normal?

yes.. I broke my ankel in 3 places and now have a plate and 7 screws.. I started a job that has me standing on my feet in the same place for 8 hrs... my feet burn and swell up.. when i woke up this a.m. they were numb.. is that normal? and how do i fix it?
Asked On : Mon, 19 Mar 2012
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
Dear boobear,
due to the injury to the ankle there is going to be a tendency for swelling. What you can do is that for the time being stay at a job which does not have long standing hours. You can also apply a pressure bandage after consulting your orthopedician. Further, At the time of sleeping keep a pillow below your leg to elevate it.
Dr. Anubhav