Broke tibia, fibia in accident. Titanium rod inserted in tibia with screws. Shin part above foot is hard,slightly swollen. Can anything be done?

Hello Doctors I broke my tibia and fibia in a motorcycle accident. A titanium rod was inserted in the tibia and a few screws were used to tighten the rod. The last operation was done on 26 Dec 2012. Slightly more than two months have passed and yet the shin part above my foot is hard and slightly swollen. Can anything be done about the swelling? Or do I let the swelling go away through time? Thanks. Koh
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013