Broke hip, infection in sputum, fever, been in ICU, coughing out green sputum. What can cure?

Hello, my father broke his hip six months ago. He has not recovered since. He is 72 years of age. After the surgery he stayed in ICU for about a month. He never woke up. He had a fever that could not be controlled and they never figured out where it was coming from. We were then sent to Select care. We have spent the last six months back in forth 2 hospitals . He hasn t even been able to begin therapy because his fever still comes back. This infection is in his sputum . He has been back in forth to the hospital at least 16 times. And they treat him with the same stuff for the same amount of time, sends him back to nursing home to be back in hospital 2 3 days later. I am not over exaggerating. The Doctor told me there is nothing they can do even tho he is still coughing out green yellow brown stuff out of trayk. He will always have these bugs and they can t cure him. So once again they are sending him back to a nursing home tomorrow, so not only is he infected he can infect others around him. What do I do.?
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013