Broke hip and upper femur back, blackish wound on the back of leg above ankle,swollen and sensitive to touch. Any ideas ?

My mother broke her hip and upper femur back on 11/13. Everything was going fine until around 12/31 when she started to get a very blackish wound on the back of her leg above her ankle. At first they thought it was a pressure wound, but now these wound black spots keep showing up on her lower leg and foot . She has seen two doctors, both say they are not bacterial. Her leg is extremely sensitive to touch and is slightly swollen and hot. She had a doppler ultrasound and it does not appear to have anything to do with circulation. I should mention she is type II diabetic. Any ideas where we should go from here. I am scared to death and so is she that this could result in losing her leg. She is 85 and very vibrant.
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013