Broke her hymen doing internal exam, yest infection. Was it necessary to perform internal exam to determine yeast infection?

I am a single father of a 17 year old daughter I took her to the OBGYN today as she was complaining of yeast infection type symptoms. They examined her and did a wet prep on her. Problem is that she is a virgin and broke her hymen doing a internal exam. She was asked prior to exam if she was sexually active and stated no. It is onile that she has not received a internal exam previously. My question is this. Was it necessary to perform an internal exam to determine a yeast infection? Also, being that she was a minor should they have consulted me first? My daughter is very emotionally distraught over this and I don't know how to comfort this emotional pain she has.

D.H
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013