Broke forearm ulna shaft, had ORIF with LCP plate. Exercises can be resumed?

I am a 35 year old male from india. I broke my left forearm ulna shaft in an assault on 12 jan,2012. The docs performed ORIF with a LCP plate and 8 screws. I started with basic movements 2 days after the surgery and performed regular weight exercises with the better arm to prevent muscle atrophy . Also i did not have any castings for any period of time.Prior to this i was into weightlifting with my biceps measuring around 17 inches. 3 months after surgery, i have started lifting 1.2 kgs weight with my broken arm(biceps curl exercise). When can i resume lifting heavy weights (10 + kg) with my left arm and do exercises like pushups and pullups with whole body weight.Will i be able to lift heavy weights like before or is it that i can never expect to be the same again.please give me the time frame to progressively increase the weights .
Asked On : Tue, 29 May 2012