Broke condom during intercourse, took morning after pill, did get periods for a week. Should I take a HPT ?

Hi doctor, about 5 weeks ago I had my regular period and after it had finished I had sexual intercourse with my boyfriend of two years, afterward we had realized that the condom had broken during. We walked to the nearest chemist and purchased the morning after pill and took it within half an hour of when we realized the situation. A few days afterwards I had another sort of period which lasted a week. Now I m not sure of how long I have to wait until I will get my next period and whether I should take a pregnancy test . Please let me know your thoughts
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012