Broke coccyx. Caused soreness. Anal fistula? Coccyx attached to spine?

I fell 30 years ago and (if I m not wrong) broke my coccyx,when then pointed off to the right, causing soreness from time to time. Lately, it s been really sore when sitting on a softer seat. Firm seats keep the spot from contacting the chair. Anyway, I went to urgent care, and the doctor referred me to surgery, saying it was an anal fistula . He did not ask if I had pain or bleeding upon defecation (I don t). He ordered xrays, but they were inconclusive, although he thinks the coccyx is intact. What would happen in surgery for anal fissure if they discover the coccyx, which I believe is still attached to the spine but pointing to the right?
Asked On : Fri, 21 Sep 2012