Broke arm and wrist. Had screws removed. Painkillers give stomach discomfort. What to do for pain?

I broke my left arm and wrist 5 years ago. The screws were removed from my wrist but the plate is in my forearm . The pain is fair to really bad, and I am losing function in the arm. Cannot hold heavy objects. I wear a wrist band occasionally and that helps. I just can t live with this pain. What do I do? Motrin and any pain killers jill my stomach ..I have gerd .
Asked On : Sun, 13 May 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I want to know why there is so much pain. I would suggest you to meet a orthopaedic surgeon as i do not think a five year old healed fracture should cause so much pain. If at all there is any pain then we should know why it is there and then try to remove the cause. If it is due to nerve pinching or weak muscle. If cause is known then then treatment is easy.