Broke ankle on to sides, advised rest, notice throbbing pain, whole body feels cold. Why ?

I broke my ankle on to sides and it has the pins and all I was instructed to rest which turned out to be impossible I have a busy 3 year old to keep up with that being said today is the second week and I noticed it throbbing I tried to lay down to rest and my whole body feels cold and I shake with chills am I ok or could I possibly have a life threatening condition
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013
Hi, Welcome to Health care magic forum.
You had an injury to the ankle, the treatment is mainly rest. When you can't give rest to the ankle, you would have informed your doctor, about it.
Probably it has resulted into an infection, or the chills may be due to the pain.
I usually prescribe to my patient with such symptoms ofloxacin, mefenamic acid, and paracetamol and advise to minimise the work.
Avoid taking potato, other tubers, tomato, egg, chicken, and sea foods till you get the relief of pain.
Take more of green leafy vegetables, pulses, sprouts,and
protein rich foods to hasten the recovery.
Wishing for a quick and complete recovery. Thank you.