Bright red spots on the side of neck causing severe itching. Any ideas?

I have a couple of bright red (almost appear as scars or a tiny scratch) on each side of my neck . Last night one of them started itching really bad so I kept scratching til I could feel a tiny bump almost like a mosquito bite but smaller. I have no clue what the spots are but I have had them for at least a couple years and just ignored them cause I never had trouble with them other than the fact that you can see them. Any idea s?
Asked On : Sat, 29 Dec 2012