Bright red blood on the side of the toilet and in stool, had a high forcep delivery with an episiotomy, constipated. Why is it ?

I am 12 weeks post partum from a high forcep delivery with an episiotomy where I was cut basically end to end. I ve had no problems since around 2-3 weeks. Just now I went to the toilet and there was bright red blood on the side of the toilet and in my stool . I couldn t tell if the blood came from perhaps a tear from a poorly healed episiotomy or if it was fully in the stool. I was a bit constipated. I have a doctors appointment booked for my son, but should I book one for me?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013