Bright red blood in stools after passing bowels, pain radiating from ribs to abdomen, blood on coughing. Treatment?

I have a few things I am concerned about, I have had bright red blood in my stool , not always but about every 4th or 5th movement, as well as pain that radiates from under my left rib to my stomach and abdomen and today I expectorated blood when I coughed, any clues to what might be happening? i have been waiting for weeks to hear from a specialist as my doctor advised me one would contact me but nothing
Asked On : Tue, 10 Jul 2012