Bright red blood during bowel movements a week after appendectomy, no fever. Should it be treated?

I had my appendix removed a week ago today. I am healing well and getting less sore everyday. My concern is that I have bright red blood when I have a bowel movement . It doesn t hurt to go to the toilet. This has been going for two days but not getting worse. At first I thought it was vaginal bleeding because of the very light spotting between bowel movements. I don t feel faint, no temp etc. Should I go back to hospital?
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013