Bright red bleeding after vigourous sex. Not heavy. No injury. Reason?

Hi there,

After a particularly vigorous and rough evening with my husband a couple of nights ago I have been experiencing bleeding. There is no visible injury on inspection with a hand mirror and I am not experiencing any real pain or discomfort. However the bleeding is very bright red (which differs from my 'normal' colouring in menstruation) and seems to have increased somewhat over the past two days. I would not describe the bleeding as heavy in any way.
Whilst I have experienced light bleeding from small tears from such activities in the past this is certainly the longest and most bleeding I have experienced (though we did get probably rougher than we have in the past).
I am not overly concerned as I have no other symptom or issue and am following "standard" heighten hygiene practices and abstaining from sex until the bleeding stops.
I would however have my mind greatly put at ease but some guidance from an informed individual as to whether I should have some concern (as I have a tendency to be rather blasé at times as to certain issues if I do not feel any different) and it is unlikely that I will be able to access my dr with in the day and in all honesty probably won't go to an emergency room and less in a life or death situation.
So as such I have turned to the interweb (something I am not prone to doing).
Thank you for your assistance it is most appreciated.

P.S.: I am 30 years old, had twins 2 years ago via c-section (no issues have presented since when relating to this however) and have recently suffered a cold which may have left me more dehydrated than usual.
I can not think of any other pertinent information for you at this time.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013