Breathlessness while talking, done breathing tests and lung capacity. Any suggestions?

When I talk to someone, whether in person or on the phone, I seem to lose my breath. I ve had breathing tests & my lung capacity is excellent - but no one seems to know why this is happening. I sometimes feel it happens more when the A/C is on & I m in a cooler environment. When I see my physician it seems to never happen so he is not taking me seriously. Any suggestions? Should I make my own appointment for a specialist & if so, what type?
Asked On : Mon, 2 Jul 2012
Pulmonologist 's  Response
If your breathing tests and lung capacity is normal then i dont find any reason for you to fall short of breath while talking to someone.
May be you talk too fast and doesnt try to breathe in between long sentences while u talk. This is a normal thing with a lot of people however some feel aware by it and hence this feeling of breathlessness.
At the most if you want what you can do is get an arterial blood gas and see if there is any problem with the oxygen levels