Breathlessness, wheezing mucus in lungs during sex. What might this be?

Everytime my wife and I have sex while I am lying flat on my back i experience shortness of breath and usually end up with wheezing mucus in my lungs afterward. I am 47 and don t smoke . I am about 5 11 and 220 pds. Workout nearly everyday riding 15-20 miles a day on a stationary bike and also play basketball at least twice a week. The breathing difficulties never happen except during sex inj this position. Doesn t happen if I am not on my back. Any thoughts as to what this might be.
Asked On : Wed, 28 Nov 2012