Breathlessness, palpitations, chest heaviness, sweating. Diagnosis and treatment?

I am 55,male, bank executive , sedentary life style. 65kg, 5' 6''. No history of hyper tension or sugar. I undergo annual health check ups.
Off and on I experience breathlessness and palpitations, together or separately. Palpitations are really nasty, heart thumping loudly, missed beats etc. While walking sometimes I feel chest heaviness. Sometimes even chest pain, sweating. At night, it interferes with sleep too.( Incidentally, My sleep has not been sound for several years even otherwise. ) However, the symptoms come and go and I become normal again. I have calcium, B12 and D severe deficiency. Some mitral valve regurgitation was noticed in echo but not serious. Sometimes I feel I may even die when the attacks come and last even hours but recover sooner or later.
Please suggest a diagnosis and action.I have a innate fear that my heart may be failing but afraid to hear the final pronouncement!
Please advise a diagnosis and action plan.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013