Breathlessness on waking, swollen vessel in the opening of my gullet, weakness, lethargy. Treatment?

Hi, for years I have been waking during sleep gasping for breath. When I was 25 I was diagnosed with a swollen vessel in the opening to my gullet and I was told that because of gravity when I lay face down my gullet closes. I feel that me gasping for breath could be linked to something else as it doesn t matter what position I sleep I am continuously having this issue. 15 years on and some days I feel so irritable, down and just have no energy. Any thoughts?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013