Breathlessness, dizzy, raised heart beat with shaky hands for 62 yr old after walk. What happened ?

My husband went out walking this afternoon with spurts of running . He was gone about an hour in 90+ degree weather. He s 62. When he got home he was laboring for breath, his heart was racing his hands were shaking. He laid down on the floor for about 20 minutes and thought he was ok. He sat down in a chair and all of a sudden he said was getting very dizzy. His eyes rolled in his head, his tongue hung out and he made like gurggling sounds. I called 911 and the paramedics arrived but he was concious by then. They said he had heat exhaustion and that he should be fine and said to have him drink Gatorade and go rest for a while. He had sweat profusly and the bedding was wet and he felt he needed to shower. Upon undressing he realized that had had lost control of his bowels. Would this have happened when he was unconcious? His body temp also dropped to 97. Should he go to the doctor to be checked?
Asked On : Tue, 14 Aug 2012