Breathlessness, coughing, producing mucus, have hiatus hernia. Any ideas?

Hi I am unable to sleep at night as I cant breath and there are constant crackling noises coming from my throat. I am really short of breath as soon as I lie down. I have had a hiatus hernia (for 9 years). I also have a cough all day and produce mucus . I still produce mucus at night. I have had my medication for the hernia doubled lansoprosol? and had medication for lining the esophagus Peptic something? also tablets to keep the food down, This has not stopped the coughing or shortmess of breath, its getting worse. Any ideas?
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012