Breathlessness, chest discomfort after drinking rum. What is going on?

i have been drinking cruzan aged rum for around the last 6 weeks for the first time, maybe 4 shots a night or a tumbler glass with ice and a beer on the side) I had been drinking for about 4 weeks before -1 0r 2 cans of beer at least no more than 3, (i don t down cases or big bottles, just trying to be cool -so to speak) other nights sometimes red wine,a glass . ***** i m 40 yrs old and started back drinking alchohal after i stopped completely for around 15 yrs ago(back around 1997), i didn t drink much hard stuff then anyway ,just (malt liquir on the weekends and i smoked, i don t do either of those anymore) just 8 days ago i brought something different- cruzan spiced rum /it had clove as one of the ingridients ( i did used to smoke clove cigerettes back in those days before 1997 and they made me feel buzzed or something ,just a little. i just wander if that concoction of 9 ingredients like vanilla,all spice, clove,and some others in that spiced stuff could have cause me to start having shortness or breath and funny chest feelings like i starting having around 5 or 6 days ago. i did eat some chinest food and i ve got food poisoning before at another joint yrs ago. they had shrimp ,chicken and other stuff left,i did go there near closining time, a buffet. please answer or put me on to a free answer dr that could tell me what could be going on in this kind of case?
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012