Breathlessness after allergic attack. Tests normal. Have heart palpitations, chest tightness. Cause?

Dear Doctor First of all please pardon me for the bad English. I am a 29 year old male, 80 kgs (176 lbs), 5 feet 11 height. I was a heavy smoker for an year of my life i.e. 2012-13 almost a pack of 20 a day. I had an allergic attack in the month of December after eating a combination of non veg food, though i am a regular eater of white meat. The attack as guessed by the doctor might be because of the prawns i ate along with its shells. I had chicken, mutton, fish and prawns at the same time and probably the prawns got me the attack after which i had to be rushed to emergency. I went home after the symptoms subsided. After this episode i stopped having non veg food. On a few occasions i.e. twice or thrice i had to be rushed to the doctor for having shortness of breath and heart palpitations along with some tightness in the chest. On 25th of January i had the same symptoms and this time really frustrated and frightened i got myself admitted to hospital. They did all the heart related tests, i.e. twice ECG , 2D Echo, stress test, blood and urine tests, ultrasound of the abdomen, glucose tolerance tests, etc. which all came out to be absolutely normal after which they discharged me. The final conclusion the doctor gave me that i was allergic to all forms of animal protein as coincidentally the episodes happened when i had either chicken or egg. But there were occasions when i did have chicken and nothing happened. After this diagnosis i completely quit diary products, non veg food etc. I am the kind of person who is generally very concerned about my health. One more thing i forgot to mention was that i had completely quit smoking and alcohol i.e. cold turkey. After this episode i visited my parent s place and got an allergy test done. The IGE count came out to be around 325 and i was found allergic to tomato and mildly allergic to ground nut, cucumber and garlic. In the span of two months i have consulted almost six doctors, majority of which suggest i have anxiety. i have been having heart palpitations, bouts of tightness in chest and occasionally shortness of breath and they just dont seem to go despite the fact that the heart tests have come out to be normal. I will be getting married, joining a new job and shifting to a new city all in a months time. Is it related to this. Another thing i have noticed that my stomach has got a heart beat kind of an action while lying down. I remember i had an abdomen ultrasound done while i was hospitalized and it came out to be normal. I am confused. Are the symptoms related to my anxiety, nicotine withdrawal , gastro-intestinal problems, or allergies? Can you please help me out.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013