Breathlessness, abdominal pain. History of bypass surgeries. Okay to take medication?

may I please know why my dad now 74 gets short of breath and also feels pain in the lower abdomen. all this started in Aug during his visit to us in NY, US after an allergic reaction from a changed BP medicine. AF was diagnosed and now he has repeated the Xrays, ECG , angiography at Escorts, Amritsar , India. As per the Cardiologist , he doesn t need Ct scan or MRI, but my husband insists on going for all the further tests. Pls suggest if my dad will be ok after medication only or there is any hidden danger we don t see even with angiography. Should we follow the cardiologist? FYI dad underwent Bypass surgeries in 2009 and has a pig valve. He had been doing wonderful till Aug 2012 Thanks and regards
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013